Last Updated – March 20 2020, 12pm
The SSCM team is here for you as a support resource and to assist with any challenges you might be experiencing during this time. The SSCM has transitioned to providing services by telephone, online via various web-conferencing platforms, and via e-mail.
Already connected to the SSCM?
If you are already connected with a Case Manager, in the SSCM, please e-mail your Case Manager directly to set-up an appointment.
New to the SSCM & seeking assistance?
To set-up an appointment with a member of the SSCM team, please e-mail email@example.com. A member of the team will get back to you within 2 business days.
This is a fluid situation. To remain current about what is occurring on campus, please refer to McMaster University’s Daily News or COVID 19 website. We will do our best to provide up-to-date information, but the primary point of information is found on the Daily News site.
The uncertainty around COVID-19 may be affecting your mental health. Below are some support resources and self-care tips.
Student Wellness Centre & Health Support Resources:
- The Student Wellness Centre remains open and available to support students on/off-campus through online and phone appointments. Appointments can be booked by calling 905-525-9140 ext. 27700 between 10am and 2pm, Monday to Friday.
- If you have a cough and/or fever AND you or someone close to you has travelled abroad in the past 14 days, or you have interacted with someone with COVID-19, call Telehealth (1-866-797-0000) or Hamilton Public Health Department at 905-546-2424 ext.7970 for further direction and testing. To avoid the spread of infection, do not go to a clinic or hospital before calling first and be ready to self-isolate if necessary.
- Make time to take care of yourself. It is an uncertain time for everyone, including you. Remember to take it day by day and do the best you can to help yourself, and others.
- Regular exercise to manage stress is important. So is getting adequate rest and sleep, and maintaining good nutrition.
- Curb how much news you watch daily and take some time to decompress.
- Check in with a friend, colleague, or family member through phone, text, skype, etc.
See the Links Below for More Support:
While this situation of COVID-19 keeps unfolding, remember that we are all in this together and we, in the SSCM, are here for you!
The SSCM Team